10 Powerful New Year’s Resolutions
Are you still thinking about your new year’s resolutions? Hopefully by the end of this, you’ll be able to say these 10 powerful new year’s resolutions changed your life!
If you’re like most, you’ve had the same
resolutions for the last 5, maybe even 10 years. Right? Topping the list is always “fitness & get healthy”. You start out for the first couple weeks and then slowly fade away. Then you’re at the end of another year and put that on the next new year’s resolution list.
I’ve found that actually writing them down and posting them somewhere you’ll always see them is beneficial. Actually sitting down, pen and paper in hand, and writing down what you want accomplish for the year. But then not stopping there. Actually doing this on the first of every month so your new year’s resolution list doesn’t become just that…a list.
Write down what baby steps you are going to take each month in each area of life that will eventually get you to achieving your first new year’s resolution by the end of the year. So take that fitness goal of “losing 50 pounds” and baby step it each month. Focus on January losing 5 pounds. Then February losing 6 pounds, etc. Until you look at the end of the year and see what you’ve accomplished…instead of beating yourself up because you didn’t make it because you focused on that BIG one. By the end of the year, you’ll be checking off those New Year’s Resolutions like a grocery list!
If you’re really looking for better ways to effectively change your life this year, hopefully these top 10 New Year’s Resolutions list will get you going.
- Stop making excuses: We’ve all done them. Made those things up in our head or even said them out loud for not doing certain things we really wanted to do. Although we aim to be Superman or Wonder Woman, it’s just not possible. And that’s OK. So just “drop the excuses starting today”…like Virat Kohlis says. Make up your mind and do it. New Year’s New You!
- Take more chances: What is something that scares you? Maybe it even makes your palms sweat and your body shake. Is it talking to your boss about a promotion you’re dying for? Or maybe finally asking that person out? Maybe confronting a good friend about something. Whatever it is, you need to take the chance. The worst they could say is “no”. But you’ll never know if you don’t just got for it. And who knows. Maybe that it is the one thing that changes your life forever.
- Earn more money: There are plenty of ways to earn extra money on the side. What are you passionate about? What would you do for the rest of your life even if you weren’t paid? Are you doing it right now? What if you could? Making more money can allow you to DO the things you love. I talk to SO many people that are always “I wish I could be doing xyz!” or “I hate my job and can’t wait to get out!” I know that was me! So I did something about it. And you can to. Nothing changes if nothing changes. So what is it that you REALLY want? Figure it out and GO for it!
- Reduce stress: We live in a constant, “on the go” world. Everyone is always busy and has SO many things on their list. And can never get them done. Between emails, texts, social media, and work, it’s no wonder why people are so sick all the time. This stress keeps building up in your body and is a killer on your health. Learn how to manage your stress and relax. Figure out what’s important and go with that.
- Get more quality sleep: 8 hours. Every night. No if’s, and’s, or but’s about it. I know those glowing gadgets call your name, but not getting those 8 hours a night will affect your health overall. And no…there is NO such thing as “getting caught up on sleep”. Ask any doctor.
- Spend more time with the ones you love: Life is not guaranteed. Any one of us can get in an accident on the way to work, have a heart attack, or any number of things. Don’t look back wishing you’d spent more time with loved ones. Make this a new year’s resolution priority if anything else.
- Give back through volunteering: If you’re reading this, especially on a computer or smart phone, you are already richer than the majority of the world. Giving back not only feels great, but will give you a new perspective on life and how grateful you should be for the little things. And it also helps contribute to the community.
- Develop a new skill: Do you have a skill or something that you’ve always tinkered around with, but just haven’t taken the time to explore? Now’s the time to fully develop it! Take little steps to get into it and before you know it, you’ll be a master! Who knows…it could even become that full time job.
- Go out in nature more: We are glued to our screens, but there is a whole other world out there that needs exploring! Find a park, even a National Park, and go explore. The fresh air will do you and your body good. This will even help you with #4 (and #5 if you walk long enough to make you dead tired!).
- Review your goals every month: The most powerful New Year’s Resolution may actually be to review your resolutions more than once a year. You’ll feel more motivated by reviewing them each month (or even each week). You can make adjustments based on how far you’ve come from accomplishing them, or see if you need to step up your game.
So make your New Year’s Resolutions 2017 a year to truly remember and one that changed your life forever! If you found this valuable, feel free to share with friends and family. It’s more fun to do these together!
What are your favorite New Year Resolution ideas?